To control the desire to eat early in the morning should try to do a regular power during the day to avoid the hunger at night, and have fixed times for waking up and bedtime for the body to have an appropriate pace, and using techniques to prevent insomnia, such as taking teas that help you sleep.
The person that is known to have the meal times changed, feeding mainly at night and early in the morning, you can have the Syndrome of Food, and Nightlife. This syndrome is also called Syndrome to Eat at Night, and is linked to higher chances of having problems such as obesity and diabetes.
Tips to control the desire to eat early in the morning
Some tips to control the desire to eat early in the morning are:
- Do a small snack before bed, such as yogurt desnatada and 3-4 biscuits without a filling;
- Take teas that quiet down and facilitate sleep, such as chamomile tea or lemongrass;
- Take light snacks like fruit and crackers-a simple bed, to eat if agree with will;
- Do physical activity at the beginning of the night, to let the tired body and facilitate sleep;
- Taking passion fruit juice during dinner.
How do you know if it is the Syndrome of the Power Night
The people with Syndrome of the Power Night have symptoms such as:
- Difficulty eating in the morning;
- Eat more than half of the calories of the day after 19 hours, with a higher intake between the 22h in the evening and 6am in the morning;
- Wake up at least 1 time per night to eat;
- Difficulty to sleep and to maintain sleep;
- High level of stress;
People with this syndrome also tend to eat more calories than healthy people, and therefore the risk of obesity is greater.
The diagnosis of the Syndrome of the Power Night is difficult to do because we must observe the behavior of the individual and there is not a specific test for the diagnosis.These individuals are to be evaluated typically report that they can’t get back to sleep without eating, and are conscious of what they eat.
There is still no specific treatment for the Syndrome of the Power of the Night, but in general the individual should do psychotherapy, behavioral to improve the habit of waking at night to eat, and some medications can be used to improve the insomnia and the mood, decreasing the symptoms of depression.